Wednesday 28 January 2009

The first day of the sec1 camp!

Sometimes, words can trigger your mind to recall certain events or actions. When I hear the word "tiring" or "exhausting" , I think of last year's camp. I could still remember my first day in camp.

First , we assembled in the canteen and boarded the school bus to the camp. There were many new faces that time, which made me quite nervous. Once we had arrived at the camp we were assigned to our bunks first. My bunk number was 7. At about noon, we had our lunch , some kind of bean rice with asparagus and fish. In my opinion , it tasted horrible.

After we cleaned the tables unwillingly, it was time for our first activity, kayaking. At first it was difficult to row our boat but slowly we got the hang of it. In the middle of the sea, the instructor asked us to stand up on the kayaks. We managed to stand up for 2 seconds before plummeting down into the treacherous waters.

The instructor was extremely disappointed in us and those who had fallen in the water had to swim to shore. After kayaking, Mr. Khor had a "lesson" with us on what the symbols on the school flag represent. Though trying his best, Mr.Khor had FAILED to interest us in the lesson which lasted 2 hours long.

By the time we had finished, other classes were already half way through their dinner. We had no choice but to eat the leftovers. Once again, it tasted horrible but we were thankful as the peer leaders had nothing to eat!! I felt sorry for them and wondered why they came to the camp in the first place.

Well , I do hope that was everything that happened on the first day of camp as I can’t remember anything else! The Sec 1 camp was really tiring and some people even found it emotionally disturbing. However, the camp was useful as it helped us build up the stamina to study intensively for long hours and pay attention in class.

Therefore, I am grateful for those who organised the camp as well as the peer leaders for assisting us in……one way or another. That concludes my first day of the sec1 camp . I wonder what will happen in the sec 3 camp? I’ll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment